In-VET – Preventing Initial VET dropouts and fostering Trainee`s Inclusion
In-VET is designed to support VET teachers, school managers, vocational & educational counsellors and all VET professionals to detect, at an early stage, trainees at potential risk of dropping out from the school system. The project aims at developing a toolkit to be available at the learning and resource center, targeting iVET Managers, Trainers and Tutors/Counsellors:
- Allowing them to develop skills to detect at an earlier stage trainees at risk of dropping out the VET system and to design and implement suitable strategies to deal with this phenomenon in their daily training sessions.
- Enabling them to prevent the increase of earlier leavers rates and reduce the current rates by designing and implementing “action plans” aimed at generating more attractiveness of the iVET offers at their institutions.
Involving partners from Portugal (coordinator), Spain, Italy, Austria and Germany, the project has as main outcomes:
- Online-questionnaire – Risk-Check Tool – in order to identify young people at risk on time;
- Counselling guidelines for counsellors and similar professions in VET in order to support young people at risk individually.
- Online-portal with training methods for trainers, teachers, tutors and managers in VET to be able to specifically work against dropout – Learning and Resource Centre.
For further information, please contact: